Monday, May 2, 2011

The day I will never forget

I still remember June 24,2006. It was my eighth birthday. I woke up in the morning and took a bath, had my breakfast and was watching television. I had totally forgotten that it was my birthday.

My parents had come from their work place and we all had lunch together. Then my parents took a nap and I was watching some cartoon.

While watching cartoon I fell asleep on the sofa. When I woke up in the evening there was a big surprise. I could not believe my eyes.

I saw that my grandparents were in front of me and the room was decorated with balloons and there was a poster on which it was written 'Happy Birthday Kaveri'. After sometime I got dressed and all my friends came to my house.
We all played, sang songs, danced and ate together. We had a lot of fun together and after the party my friends and I unwrapped the gifts that I had got that day. And this was the most memorable day of my life. I'll never forget this day ever in my life. And I'll try not to forget my birthday again.



THIS ARTICLE WAS SUBMITTED BY 'KAVERI'  OF GRADE VIII, INDIAN SCHOOL SOHAR AND WAS PUBLISHED IN THE THURSDAY MAGAZINE (TIMES OF OMAN) IN THE ISSUE DATED April 14-20, 2011.

No comments: